Thursday, February 19, 2009

New endeavor


Well after reading the issue of Somersets Art Journals I have been inspired to start one of my own. I've never been a journal person as I always felt silly writing down my thoughts. What if someone read it? Plus My life isn't all that interesting. Then I discovered art journals. You don't have to write anything or you can. You just do whatever you want. It is very freeing. Before whenever I would create a new piece I would hold back a little not wanting to mess it up. With the journal I can't mess it up. I will bring you with me on my journal process. The pics today are my journal before and in process. I am putting gesso on the pages for some extra support.

I am working on a 3D house for a wonderful shop on etsy which is donating all proceeds to help the victims of the wildfires in Australia. It is called the OzBushFireAppeal please take a moment to check it out. All the items for sale are donating by fellow etsians. They shipping is free and it is a wonderful cause. My friend Stacey from ArtSnark graciuosly donated all the houses for our Metsy group to make and donate to the shop. Here's some in process pics of it too.

Well I'm off to drink a cup of tea, vanilla caramel Yum-Yum! Then must get to work!!

No comments: