Monday, October 6, 2008

Taking a leap



I found a new blog called Mind Wide Open through my mixed media group on etsy. Every month they do a challenge with a picture they choose. You have a week to create something with the image. I decided to take the plunge this month and am pretty darn proud of how it came out. I'm a bit nervous to enter it as there are so many talented artists participating, but I've got to take the plunge.

On the felt front, I received another custom pincushion request. A fellow etsian wants me to create a pincushion from their logo. I think this will be quite interesting. I've made a few new things, but haven't listed because I have a show on Nov. 9th and have to save some inventory for that. I've got to get busy. It will be here before I know it.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow...This is stunning. You have created a wonderful piece of art. Good going!!!

reagan said...

So pretty! Great job, glad you are joining in the frey! The colors are really beautiful!

Sheila said...

Thank-you both so much. It really means alot to me you are both so talented.

Bunty said...

Very pretty indeed - lovely colours. Thank you for voting for me!

Sheila said...

Your welcome! I'm a sucker for the green pomp-poms.